Monday 20 August 2012

Thinking about something else...

So, in an attempt to escape the rather frustrating days thoughts on what the hell to do with the next 2 months, I came across the following little tidbit... written a few years ago.
My first memory.

"Im safe.
Familiar night music wafts up the narrow hallway, with the random accompaniment clinking plates and glasses being cleaned in the kitchen.
The clear night air is warm and sweet, carrying the summer buzz of cicadas and the lush smell of the garden on a soft southerly zephyr.
As I gaze lazily up at the sky, I can feel my fathers arms around me. Resting my head in the crook between his shoulder and neck, I follow his outstretched finger, pointing out the stars. My eyelids feel heavy and the low murmur of his voice sounds like a lullaby.
The end of my fathers finger settles on the silver face of the rising moon, but the explanation is muffled as I bury my head close in to his chest.
I can only hear the steady beat of his heart now as my eyes close and I let myself drift to sleep… "

out of another world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment